Monday, September 19, 2011

SCC: First Impressions

In the first TY session of the year pupils were given their timetables and told what to expect and how best to benefit from TY. We flagged up the new blog and spoke about our hope that by the year's end every TY pupil would have contributed a piece. Mr. Jones invited the new members of the form to volunteer to write a 'first impressions' piece and Anna v. Schintling was the valiant soul who raised her hand. Her thoughts are below. 



I was excited to come to the college because I've always wanted to go to a boarding school. The days before I came here I thought a lot about what to pack and what the people probably might be like.
When I arrived I was warmly welcomed by the kids who had been here before. I was shown around by one of the seniors. She showed me where I was supposed to live for the coming year.  I really liked my room from the first moment. I unpacked my things and went to listen to the Warden’s speech.
The first school day was very exciting because I wasn’t sure where I was supposed to go and what my classes were but the “older” pupils of this place showed me where to go.
Everything was so new to me, the campus and all the other people.
So far I really like the school and I have settled in quickly. All the people are really kind and are helping wherever they can. I enjoy life at St. Columba’s College so far which is pretty much what I expected.

No comments: